SD #42 TRADES AND APPRENTICESHIP INFORMATION NIGHT
Every year, School District # 42 hosts this event to inform students and their parents about ACE IT (Accelerated Credit Enrolment in Industry Training) Programs in Maple Ridge schools. These are Partnership Programs with BC Post Secondary Institutions that deliver Foundations Training in 9 different trades.
Typically, students apply to register in these programs in grade 11, begin learning a trade and finish their grad requirements in grade 12. They earn dual high school and college credits.
Partnership Instructors from the 3 Post-Secondary Institutions below, are available at The Trade and Apprenticeship Information Night to talk about their programs.
- BC Institute of Technology
- Kwantlen Polytechnical University
- Vancouver Community College
ACE IT programs offered in SD #42 include: Automotive, 2 Carpentry, Culinary, Electrical, Hairstyling, Masonry, Metal Fabrication and Plumbing.
For details on programs:
Call Steve Wiebe at 604 318-9792,or Brad Dingler at 604-626-1176 or see your counsellor, Work Experience Coordinator or Career Planning Assistant at your school.
Visit SD #42 Secondary School Apprenticeship site for Apprenticeship information.
A student’s application must include the following:
- School District Application
- Partnership Program Plan Form
- College / University Partner Application
- College / University Waiver / Release of Info form
- Permission to take part in Work Experience form (except for Culinary)
- Diploma Verification Report (available through your Career Centre or counsellor)
- Statement of Interest and Intent (why you want to enter the program and where it will lead)
- Copy of Birth Certificate (if you are new to School District 42)
- Application fee (cheque payable to School District 42 in the amount of $75.00 (non-refundable)
- If you are 19 or over (or will be by July 1) you will need to include a Criminal Record Check from the Ridge Meadows Police Station
REGISTRATION FORMS CAN BE FOUND ON THE DISTRICT WEBSITE Click here to view
Partnership Contact Information
District Partnership Programs Coordinator
23165 116th Avenue
Maple Ridge, BC
TRADES AND TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE FOR WOMEN
- Held annually at the beginning of April
- SD #42 sponsors a half-day Field Trip for interested female students to the TRADEX in Abbotsford
A day of fun, exploration, and inspiration, this event brings female students in grades 9-12 together with women who are employed in a diverse range of trades represented at the BC Skills Competition.
Explore Trades and Technologies Firsthand while networking with women who have found success in trades and technology careers.
Please advise your Work Experience Coordinator or Career Planning Assistant at your school if you are interested in attending.